Nordic Women in Circus Network, Gynoïdes Project and Dynamo Workspace presents Dance Acro Workshops by Femmes of Crobatie
Femme de Crobatie is a French reserach project started in 2017 by French collective La Collective du Biphasé.
The project arises from the members of the collective’s different experiences of being a female acrobat in a male-dominated discipline and working practice. The aim of the project is to create a sustainable, innovative and healthy practice, arising from acrobatics which is generous and versatile. A practice that is accessible to a large audience and at the same time free from the reflections of society’s misogyny, and free from the idea that the acrobat predominantly is a muscular, virile, conquering man.
The collective embraces fluidity and thrives on the desire to open up to the acrobatic territory of ‘the other’. Therefore, both women and those identifying as non-binary are invited to take part in this research project.
We invite you to enter into the conversation, and with a focus on the body, to rediscover space itself, share our paths through a dance-acro workshop in conjunction with the Dynamo Circus Festival 2019.
The workshop is run by members of Femme de Crobatie and La Collective du Biphasé; Marion Guyez, Julie Tavert et Dorothée Dall’Agnola.
Femmes de Crobatie, La Collective du Biphasé are laureates of De Mar a Mar with support from Toulouce City and DRAC Occitanie.
More information about Femmes de Crobatie, La Collective du Biphasé here.
Information about the Femme de Crobatie project in French here.
- The 9th of August 10.00-15.00
- The workshop is taking place at the danish national school of performing arts.
Odense Kvarter 1, 4th floor. 5000 Odense C, Denmark Odense.
- Open to people identifying as women or non-binary
- FREE of charge
- For questions please email Marie-Andrée Robitaille email@example.com
- Registration mandatory, please register via this link: https://forms.gle/GHj7HwCYf9rNbqiZ6
- Deadline for registration 5th of August
Workshop Part 1
9.00 to 10.00 – Warm-up
10.00 to 12.00 – Dance acro Work-shop start
The workshop gives the opportunity to female acrobats to join forces and develop further the language of acro dance.
12.00 to 13.00 Lunch (self-organised)
Acro-Dance Workshop Section 2
13.00 to 15.00
Femmes de Crobatie allies with Gynoïdes Project.
In this section, participants are invited to share short extracts of their acrobatic dance work (3 to 5 minutes) with a facilitated discussion and feedback session moderated by the workshop leaders and Marie-Andrée Robitaille from Gynoïdes Project. Together we will engage in creative discussions on femininity, representations, norms, and dance acrobatic as a language.
The goal of the workshop is:
- to further develop dance acrobatics from a norm creative perspective
- to develop approaches to dance acrobatic as a feminine gesture
- to discuss female oriented issues in circus aesthetics
- for female circus acrobat to meet and discuss together
- to strengthen the feminist discourses emerging in the field of the circus.